5 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Senior Session | Detroit Lakes Area High School Senior Photographer
Here are 5 quick tips to help you get the most out of your high school senior photography session.
1. Bring at least 2 outfits that show different aspects of your personality - this allows your photographer to capture your unique identity and gives you more looks out of the same session length.
2. Think about what defines you as a person, is it your laugh, your horse, your sports, that you love to read . . . ? Tell your photographer about these defining traits and brainstorm with them on how it can be incorporated into your session.
3. Consider professional hair and makeup or at least do some research and do a test run before shoot day. Extra volume in your hair is almost always a good thing for the camera and keep in mind that the camera often sees your makeup different than you do in the mirror. Using the highlighting and contouring method of foundation really helps define your face and a slightly darker coat of eyeliner and mascara or possibly false lashes (the individual lashes look better to camera than the strip kind) might not be a bad idea either to help your eyes pop. If you do go darker on the eyeliner, just be sure to keep it looking natural, the last thing I want is for you to look "overdone".
4. Get a good night's rest the night before the shoot, this will help eliminate baggy eyes and a give you a boost of energy (modeling for an hour or two is hard work ;)).
5. Bring along an encouraging friend to watch/help out. Having a friend along can help you feel more comfortable and natural in front of the camera and help get some natural laughs and smiles. Plus it makes the day a memory the two of you can cherish as you get ready to graduate high school.
Ready to book your session or want to learn more? Head on over to my contact page and get in touch. I cannot wait to get to meet and photograph you!