This week in the Your Wedding From a Photographer's Perspective series, we talked about the getting ready portion of your wedding day, which often times includes hair and makeup. To tie into that subject for today's tip Thursday I wanted to quickly talk about your hair and makeup test run.
Why do a hair & makeup test run pre-wedding?
It is a great idea to do a "test run" of your hair and makeup before your wedding day to get an idea of the style you are going for and make sure your hair can hold the style you are planning on. This is a good idea if you are doing your own hair and makeup, hiring your favorite stylist or having your best friend help you out.
To sum it up:
- Test out the style you are planning for your wedding day
- Make sure the hair style you are going for will "stay" all day long with your hair style
- Give yourself peace of mind that on your wedding morning that you and your stylist have a plan for how to get your hair and makeup done quickly and it will turn out as you hope
How to get the most out of your test run:
Ok - so you are good with a hair and makeup trial run, but are wondering how to make sure you get the most out of this extra styling appointment. Why not schedule your hair and makeup trial run prior to your engagement session or a special date night with your fiance?!
To sum it up:
- Go out on a date night with your fiance while you are all glammed up and feeling beautiful!
- Schedule your engagement session (or perhaps a boudoir session as a wedding gift, I bet your fiance will appreciate it!) after your hair and makeup test run.
Want to stay up to date on the latest from Amber Langerud Photography and get access to my wedding and portrait guides (including a sample wedding day timeline), be sure to sign up for my email newsletter!