You may ask, why should I have an engagement session? Maybe it costs extra, or you just are not sure what would use the pictures for, because you do not plan to send out save the dates etc. Or maybe you just are not crazy about having your pictures taken.
I understand your thoughts there and desire to not have an engagement session, however there are a number of benefits to having engagement pictures taken, here are a few of my favorites.
1. The number one reason is these images are great memories of the two of you and this time in your relationship as you are getting excited for your big wedding day and madly in love. These images are great to decorate your home with as a great reminder everyday of how much you love each other and the fun times you have together!
2. Get to know how you pose together. Every individual is different and every couple is different. This is a great opportunity for your wedding photographer to work with you before the wedding day, that way when it comes time for bride and groom pictures on the wedding day, your photographer already knows how you best pose together.
3. It is fun. I mean it is a free pass to cuddle, kiss and enjoy each others presence for about an hour.
4. Its good practice. If you are nervous about being in front of the camera or feel uncomfortable, this is great practice before the wedding day, to hopefully make your big day just a little less stressful.
5. This also makes for a great opportunity to do a test run with your makeup artist and/or hair stylist before the wedding day and make good use of that test run! Why not have that beautiful test run captured by a camera?
Interested in learning more about Amber Langerud Photography weddings? Sign up for my email newsletter and get access to my wedding guide! Ready to book? Then head on over to my contact page and send me a message.