If you have been following my work lately, you may have noticed that I have been loving video! I love video, it is photography with an extra element of motion! Here are my top 5 reasons for loving video!
1. It is captivating. If a picture can tell a thousand words, what does that say about video?
2. It evokes emotion. A video of the first kiss on the wedding day vs a photo of it. Don't get me wrong, I am a photographer first so I love the photo of it, but there is just something special about video.
3. It is fun. Even short 30 - 90 second video clips take 1-2 hours of shooting time and it makes me feel kind of like a mini movie director. The key to a great short clip is to tell a story, so for each clip, we need to come up with a story line and an action plan on how to get the right video clips to tell the story.
4. I can tell a story. I know I touched on it in the last point, but there is something fun about the story I can tell about my client through video, such as the connection between a girl and her horse or someones passion for their favorite sport or music or even dance.
5. Movement. Good photographers will capture movement, but you can capture even more movement in video.
Here is an example of one of my latest videos.
The videos I have made so far have been promos for my work, as behind the scenes videos of what a photoshoot can look like, but if there is a demand, I might add them to my product list. If you want me to start offering video, head on over to my contact page and drop me a message telling me so!
If you want to keep up on the latest with Amber Langerud Photography be sure to sign up for my email newsletter.